How much does it cost to learn to drive in Aberdeen?
The average costs of lessons in Aberdeen is £31. You can find Aberdeen instructors who charge anywhere between £25 and £35.
On average, it takes around 47 lessons to pass a driving test, so you could be look to spend up to £1,457 on driving lessons in order to get your licence in Aberdeen.
Driving is a skill for life. Having driving tuition will help you gain employment, travel, and create everlasting memories, but that's still a lot of money.
Here's how you can keep costs low:
- Picking the cheapest driving instructor can be a red herring. Does your chosen instructor have great reviews, do they seem like a good fit for you? An instructor that gives you confidence will a far greater cost saver.
- A great tip to save money whilst learning to drive is to buy bulk lessons. Many instructors offer discounts when you buy 10 or more lessons at once. Since you now know it takes around 47 lessons to pass your test, you know you can afford to get a few lessons booked in. Many instructors give refunds on any unused lessons if you pass early, too.
- If you get out in your own time between lessons (check with you instructor to make sure they think you're ready), you'll find you gain more skill and confidence behind the wheel.
- Aim to pass first time. Sitting the driving test is expensive and there's no limits on how many times you can take the test. That can sound good, but it also means you can waste money trying and trying when you should spend more time on lessons and practicing in your own time to make sure you're the best you can be.
- Keep up your driving lessons - Try and take 2 or 4 lessons per week and don't take time off. You will be a lot more likely to retain information the more often you have lessons.
- Reduce insurance with Pass Plus courses - After you pass your test, if you want to reduce the cost after your driving tuition and driving lessons you can enroll in Pass Plus. Completion of a pass plus course means that you will receive a discount on insurance.